Until recently, I had not heard of Posterous. Heidi Hass Gable (@HHG) introduced it briefly to my Study Group before Christmas. As a result, we decided to focus on Posterous at our Study Group meeting recently. I must say, I am so happy that Heidi introduced this tool to us and here’s why:
- It is very easy to use. Even teachers who know nothing about blogging, will be able to use this tool.
- It saves time! I can now have students (or parents) email their blog post to the Posterous email account (which I can moderate) and their blog post will automatically be posted on our school’s Success Blog! How easy (and efficient)!
- It will format all photos you attach to the email – either individually (if less than 5 photos) or in an album (for 6+ photos) automatically.
- If you place a youtube link in the blog, it will automatically embed the actual video directly into the blog.
- I no longer have to set up the actual blog (with my personal passwords) in the individual classrooms for the students to complete, they can simply email me. Simple.
While I have just started using Posterous, I think that it has so many benefits and I can see many applications for its future use!
If you haven’t already done so, check out Posterous!
** flickr photo by gallagher.michaelsean